The Corona Theater
Junction Boulevard just north of Roosevelt Avenue, 1927
The Corona-East Elmhurst Historic Preservation Society has its origins in the Double E Reunion Planning Committee of 2014. As members of the Reunion Planning Committee, Carol Drew, Evelyn Seabrook and Deborah Tyson first connected by working on a variety of assignments. Their ideal working relationship and passion for the Corona-East Elmhurst community fostered a culture and environment that allowed them to consider next steps after the Reunion ended. This led to the creation of the Corona-East Elmhurst Historic Preservation Society. As its principal founding members they set about enlisting other current and former Corona-East Elmhurst residents to form a working Founding Board to build a lasting model of community empowerment that will: preserve historical data and buildings, protect the findings, promote a speaker’s bureau and research the historical and sociological origins of the communities.